Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction - Request an explanation or reconsideration


Once we've made a decision about your claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, we'll let you know how much you've been awarded. If you disagree with this, you can use this form to ask for a more detailed explanation or to ask us to reconsider our decision if you think we've made a mistake.

To request either of these options you must be the "affected person". By this we mean the claimant, an appointee, a person from whom we are seeking to recover an overpayment or a landlord who's receiving or should receive benefit payments.

For Housing Benefit claims, you must do this within one calendar month of the original decision date.

We have a duty to protect public funds and may use the information you've provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies administering public funds solely for these purposes.

Information about data collected via online forms

Privacy settings