Housing - Request a rent refund


Southwark council tenants, their next of kin or representatives can use this form to request a refund of overpaid rent.

We’ll keep one week or one month’s rent on the rent account as rent is payable in advance. If the credit on your account is less than a week or a month’s rent, we won’t refund the credit.

You'll be asked to provide a proof of tenancy (rent reference number) and to attach documents to support your request.

Any arrears owed to us such as repairs, Council Tax, court costs, or debts from a previous tenancy will be deducted from the refund.

Information about data collected via online forms